Hey Levon,

Dr. Robert Connolly at the University of Memphis down the street utilizes wiki's. He can probably answer some of your questions.

http://www.memphis.edu/anthropology/docs/profile-connolly.php

Jes!

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Levon Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello all.

I recently attended an excellent workshop on Creating and Maintaining Digital Collections.  During the workshop the topic of utilizing Wiki's was discussed.

I believe that this could be a great tool for our institution, especially in regard creating a shared environment for museum procedures to exist.

I am aware that in some instances open source software is used to create and maintain a Wiki. However for us this would leave the lingering problem of access restrictions.  I've spoken to our IT reps and it seems like locally hosting a Wiki is out of the question for time being.

Are any of your institutions utilizing Wiki's at this time?  If so, what did you using create and maintain the wiki and how do you handle the issue of access restrictions?

-Levon Williams.

--
Levon Williams
Curator of Collections/Registrar