the last one--redefining audiences--but I don't think we need to make a huge effort..but if one of us has time and thinks of it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cherie Cook" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, November 4, 2011 10:37:39 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] 3 Free Webinars Offered by AASLH

The registration link for AASLH’s upcoming webinars was apparently dropped in the original message. It is http://www.aaslh.org/Webinars.htm. Apologies for any inconvenience. Below is a description of the free webinars open to everyone.

Cherie Cook, Senior Program Manager
AASLH
573.893.5164

AASLH is offering three free webinars with funding generously provided by an IMLS 21st Century Museum Professionals grant.

Webinar content is supported by StEPs standards and performance indicators. StEPs is the only national standards program designed specifically for history organizations. StEPs enrollment is easy - no application, no eligibility requirements, and no deadline for completion!

Webinar participation is open to both StEPs and non-StEPs organizations, paid and unpaid staff, volunteers, board members and anyone else interested in learning more about visitor engagement.

Register for one, two, or all three at http://www.aaslh.org/Webinars.htm

Telling a Good Story

November 17, 2011

Time: 2-3:15 pm Eastern

A good guided tour is a good story, told well, says guest speaker Linda Norris. Join us to explore telling stories to create more meaningful tours and to connect with visitors who arrive at your site with many different interests.

Creating Historic House Interpretive Plans that Connect

December 8, 2011

Time: 2-3:15 pm Eastern

Interpretive plans that connect with your visitors and their lives are the keystone for a positive visitor experience. Guest speaker Nancy Bryk will show participants how research is an integral part of the interpretive planning process.

Redefining Audiences

January 27, 2012

Time: 2-3:15 pm Eastern

Who are our current audiences and how can we engage new ones? Looking at the most recent U.S. Census, Susie Wilkening will discuss demographic change and the valuable ways in which history organizations can use census data.

Pre-registration is necessary. Please visit http://www.aaslh.org/Webinars.htm