Hi all –

Last year some of you helped us shape a professional development proposal to the Institute of Museum and Library Services (thank you to those who contributed to the online survey). Well, on October 1 we were awarded the grant. I’m writing today to invite you to consider applying to Exhibiting Skills: Exhibition Development for Informal Educators.

Here is the program in a nutshell:

·         Free professional development

·         Plant-focused exhibit workshop

·         Active, small-group work

·         Collaborative network

·         Travel and lodging costs reimbursed

This first of five similar workshops will be held from February 1 through February 7, 2012. You can read more about it and find the application on the Huntington web site under huntington.org > Education > Exhibiting Skills or through this link.

If you interpret (or want to interpret) living plant collections, this might be for you. The deadline for applications is the day before Thanksgiving. Please contact me if you have any questions.

All the best,

-- Kitty

Kitty Connolly

Strategic Initiatives Manager

626.405.3583

626.405.3501 fax

The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens

1151 Oxford Road | San Marino, California 91108

www.huntington.org