From: Pam Meister <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed, Nov 2, 2011 8:52 am
Subject: Licensing Fees for reproduction of museum objects

My museum has been approached by another nonprofit that wants to work with a
commercial manufacturer to reproduce a knife in our collection for sale in a
limited edition.  I'm looking for advice on setting a fair licensing fee for the
reproduction. Has anyone had experience with this type of transaction?

Pamela Meister
Curator, Mountain Heritage Center
150 HF Robinson
Western Carolina University
Cullowhee NC 28723
828-227-3192 (direct office)

--

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ .
You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one

Museum-L" (without the quotes).