Hello Levon,

At my last organization we had a simple system for sharing information that sounds similar to what you are asking about, provided that you only want to share with people inside the museum.  All of the staff members had access to a shared computer drive.  The floor managers kept a daily report template  --formatted in Excel-- in the drive and updated it throughout the day to reflect all operational issues from refunds to tardy employees to maintenance needs.  Only one person can have it open at a time, but it worked fabulously as a communication tool.  We also used the same approach to make maintenance requests via an Access database.

We found it was quite helpful to have these long term records.  An important procedure in updating the shared forms was to document entries with initials and a date.

Liz Maurer
Creative Director
Re-Living History