Dear Museum-L Listers:

I am working to complete my Master's thesis, which examines the role of arts organizations in strengthening and expanding the United States' growth model for engaging the arts with science. My research focuses on the administrative/organizational side of programming such as fundraising, promoting, and cultural policy. The goal is to make recommendations for arts administrators to provide leadership and raise awareness for the field of ArtScience. ArtScience can be defined as a movement of exploration and invention where participants use dual backgrounds in the practices of art, science, and technology.

Your participation in an online survey will help assess support of institutions that foster this intersection. While my thesis is specific to arts institutions embracing this field, I am also interested in responses from science institutions with ArtScience initiatives. The questions asked in the survey allow for this variation since hybrid organizations fall under both categories.

If interested, please go to [http://www.impressity.com/Survey/sl.aspx?SurveyLinkId=ifrzvaqbijmfjxlzarmx]. I would greatly appreciate your feedback! It will only take 10 to 15 minutes of your time should you choose to take part, but please participate by October 26th.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Whitney Dail
M.A. Candidate, Arts Administration