On behalf of a museum client who wishes to remain anonymous, I am looking for an institution that would be interested in providing an appropriate home to two shrunken heads, originally from Ecuador.  The client museum is considering deaccession of the heads because keeping human remains in their collection conflicts with their revised collections management policy.

Both of the shrunken heads are at least 50 years old and were made for the commercial market.  One of the heads is a non-ceremonial head (not used by the Shuar in ceremonies, probably not even made by Shuar); the other is certainly a non-Shuar artifact and may or may not be made of human skin.

If you know of an institution that could provide an appropriate home for these specimens, please contact me by email OFF LIST at [log in to unmask]

--
John E. Simmons
Museologica