For about five years, I toured an exhibition on the history of flowerpots: A Place to take Root. (Click on menu 'Exhibit Dates' to see various installations.)
There are two versions of the exhibition: large (world history of pots) & small (American 18th through 21th-c.design), and they traveled to botanic gardens, libraries and historical societies in the US. Venues ranged from traditional galleries to a library to a barn.
Perhaps this will help,  --Susan