Check out the Van of Enchantment. http://www.vanofenchantment.org/
Heather McClenahan, executive director
Los Alamos Historical Society
PO Box 43
1050 Bathtub Row
Los Alamos, NM 87544
505-662-6272 (office)
505-470-2912 (cell)

On Sep 26, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Michael Reuter wrote:

Are there any museums out there that have taken their museum and its  collections out into the public via a van or “traveling museum”. I do not mean a traveling exhibit that is installed in a host museums’ gallery, rather a mobile unit, a van or truck that people can interact with both inside and outside. If so, I would be very interested in hearing more about how you made these programs come to life. Thanks!

Michael Reuter
Curator of Objects/Registrar
Milwaukee County Historical Society
910 N. Old World 3rd St.