Call the IPI at RIT.

https://www.imagepermanenceinstitute.org/

Or call the Eastman house in Rochester.    Eastman house is probably your
best bet for restoration or stabilization.

But of course a daguerrotype from 1805 is a bit impossible.  I am sure you
know this but just to make sure you know.  There is NOTHING holding that
image to the surface other then friction pretty much.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com <http://reel.rslittle.com>