I think you need some expertise in this one - especially if it is an historic structure. The numbers are the least of it all - safety for people and the building components being primary. You at least need to get someone with expertise in log buildings to consult on the project for dis-assembly, lifting, moving, and storage.

Also - be mindful of pests - if you have any infestation at all of termites or beetles you don't want to bring any of them into any area with collections at all.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles, CA