I suggest the first chapter in Museum Exhibition: Theory and Practice in
David Dean's book.

Dawn Scher Thomae

Milwaukee Public Museum

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Robin Gabriel
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 8:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: exhibition development outline

An outside organization has approached me to do an exhibit at my museum;
we have agreed to do it, but since the employees of the outside
organization will be doing the lion share of the work (and they have
never done an exhibit before), I need to give them a clear outline of
the steps and stages of creating an exhibition.  Before I reinvent the
wheel, does anyone have a suitable outline that will summarize the
various stages of exhibit development?

Thanks,

Robin Gabriel

Baltimore Museum of Industry