Ohio Historical Society, Columbus, Ohio

Curator I, Educational Partnerships and Outreach

The Ohio Historical Society is currently looking for a full-time Curator I to work in its fast-paced Educational Partnerships and Outreach department. This position will create and present historical thinking activities based on primary sources for teachers, liaise with teachers and work collaboratively with partners and colleagues on a variety of educational outreach activities.

We are seeking a candidate with strong written and verbal skills and excellent technology skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc). The candidate must be able to work as part of a dynamic team but also independently. Grant writing experience is a plus. The candidate should have a M.A. in a humanities discipline. This position will require occasional Saturdays (1-2/month) and overnight travel.

For more information, please visit our Web site at http://www.ohiohistory.org/about/jobs.  The Society is proud to be a drug-free workplace.  EOE.

Stacia Kuceyeski

Manager, Educational Partnerships and Outreach

Ohio Historical Society

800 E. 17th Avenue

Columbus, Ohio 43211

ph. 614.297.2574

fx.  614.297.2546

Coming for the Fall of 2011: Ohio As America!

Ohio As America is an online, electronic textbook for fourth grade social studies aligned to the current and new standards.

Download the prospectus at: http://www.ohiohistoryteachers.org/teacherpd.shtml