As a graduate of the JHU museum studies program, I highly recommend it as
well. As the program has expanded, there is an even greater variety of
courses with more seasoned professors teaching them. Even though I still do
not have a museum job, my experience in the program and the professional
relationships I have gained has made it well worth the money, in my opinion.
Although it is an online program, you still gain valuable experience through
hands-on projects in real museum settings which looks great on a resume.

To add, it is a part-time, professional degree program, so two classes is
considered full-time. I also work a full-time job and found two classes per
semester doable; however, I would expect to spend your evenings and weekends
dedicated to school work.

I enjoyed my classes so much, I was sad to graduate!

However, if the financial burden of another degree is just too much, I also
recommend volunteering at a local museum to gain experience--it's free and
may be less time consuming for you since you already have two jobs.

Best of luck,
Lori

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Puga, Dana (LVA) <[log in to unmask]

--

Lori Quayle
Stella & Dot Independent Stylist

*Shop online!  Host a Trunk Show!  Join my team!
*www.stelladot.com/loriquayle

<http://www.stelladot.com/loriquayle>