I work in museum education some of the time right now, and some children
really fail at basic behavior (throwing rocks at historic light fixtures),
while most behave quite well. The one similarity we have seen in the
monsters is that the parents refuse to tell them no, or let them wander off
so far that they do not see the behavior. Some even blame us when their kids
misbehave (he wouldn't throw sand at the animals if you did not have things
that look like sandboxes) Also, during education programming kids have
teachers there and other students, it is a different dynamic than when they
are only with their parents.

Museums that are made for children give them spaces they can wiggle and run
in, adult museums need the adults to teach them how to behave in public
adult spheres. I think basic rules do have to be stated in writing, because
many people are clueless and you need to be able to point to something that
was there for them to read when you kick them out.

and OMG those strollers are insane. You should not need 6 foot wide doorways
to roll a couple of toddlers around.