From: Michael Reuter <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, Jun 29, 2011 2:17 pm
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Collegue who needs help!

Hi all,

A colleague of mine who works for a small historical society in the Dakotas asked for my advice on the following matter and I am looking to any of you out there for the same.

Several board members who are associated with this historical society are requesting that an artifact be loaned or sold to another musuem who is doing an exhibit that the artifact would fit well into. The artifact is in dire need of conservation and the musem who would potentially be borrowing it would pay for the conservation in exchange for the object.

Has anyone delt with this type of pitfall and if so, how have you responded?

Thanks,

Michael Reuter
Curator of Collections/Registrar
Milwaukee County Historical Society