Dear Oregon and neighboring Museum folk,

I am passing along this great Oregon Museum Association conference call for
proposals announcement!

Mark your calendars for the Oregon Museums Association
annual conference, October 16-18, 2011, at the Benton County Historical Museum
in Philomath, Oregon!

The conference theme is The Sustainable Museum: People,
Environment, and Economy. OMA is currently accepting proposals for conference
sessions and all are encouraged to apply.

All session proposals will be considered. Special
consideration will be given to sessions with topics related to the conference
theme and/or topics found to be of the most interest to our members, based on a
2008 OMA member survey, including:

Community Engagement

School and Public Programs

Audience Development and Outreach

Exhibition Design

Marketing

Strategic Planning

Collections Management

Fundraising/Grant Writing

Technology Training

Cultural Tourism

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested,
as you do not need to be a member of OMA to present at the conference. Also
note, that we have extended the deadline for proposals to Thursday, July 7,
2011.

We hope to see you in Philomath!

Below is the link for the conference proposal application form:

http://www.oregonmuseums.org/files/OMA%20Call%20for%20Proposals.pdf

If you have any questions please go to our website: www.oregonmuseums.org