Hi All,
Quick question, I hope. Over the years, we have held lectures/speakers series on different days and times, to better and lesser success. while I know that topic has a big impact, the day(s) and times they are held also have impact.  I'm wondering what others have found to be the BEST day(s) and times for lectures -bringing in audience-wise?

We tend to hold lectures in spring and fall. We've tried Wednesday and/or Thursday evenings --good attendance at the start, but drops over time. Same with Saturday mornings (10:00 a.m.-ish) and afternoons (3:00 p.m.-ish).

We are located in Oregon's capital city. Population of roughly 225,000 (Salem and surrounding/nearby cities/towns). Median age is about 35, and only 14% of Salem's population is 62 years or older.

Thoughts and suggestions for good times for speakers (we've tried to move away from lectures, but our traditional membership base is wanting them) from those with similar demographics would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keni Sturgeon
Willamette Heritage Center