The main reason *we* use take-home gallery guides is to provide people with
references, bibliographical information or a list of resources for further/
more detailed information about an object or subject.  In order for it to
make sense, we often use a very condensed, revised, or abridged version of
the original label text sometimes with a photo, followed by the supplimental
information.  The focus is on the additional information, but there is quite
a bit of repeat content.  Does that make sense?

-Casandra Karl
Director, Mission Historical Museum