Hi all,

We have a large collection of military uniforms and women’s fashions from as early as 1810 to 1970. The Society is getting preparted to mount a small display during our World War II Encampment event and I have prepared several uniforms for display. When I discovered several of these uniforms, they were rolled up and stuffed into file boxes within our collections storage areas. Is there any “museum” method to removing the wrinkles, other than steaming or the use of a conventional iron?

Thanks!

Michael Reuter

Curator of Collections/Registrar

Milwaukee County Historical Society