My favorite lesson from grad school was “don’t take the Jaguar,”  in other words, if you can’t afford to house it, use it and maintain it it’s not worth the expense that will come from taking it.

I’m curious as to how other acquisitions committees/directors/etc. solicit a gift of financial support when an offer to donate a collection of objects comes around.

I am going to visit a potential donor tomorrow, and if interested in accepting the collection I want to find a tactful and effective way of getting more on the table.

Any insightful anecdotes,  policies, strategies to share?

How far into the future do you cost estimate storage/maintaining/using?

Reply on or off list as you please,

Thanks for your input

Nan

Nan Curtis