From: Lynita Langley-Ware <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, Mar 31, 2011 9:58 am
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Proper Storage of Flags

            Greetings colleagues!  We were recently given a      large collection of military memorabilia from the local American      Legion Post that is closing their post building.  Among the items      are five US flags, one of which is a burial flag, one is a 48 star      flag in a display cabinet and three flags of undetermined    significance other than the obvious of being our nation's symbol.     My question to the list is this:  how do we properly and    respectfully package for storage these flags?  One of my volunteers,    a retired army person, admonished us to NOT unfold the burial flag,    but beyond that he has no recommendations for storing flags.  Any    direction would be appreciated.  Thank you.

    Lynita Langley-Ware
    Director, Faulkner County Museum

--

Lynita Langley-Ware, M.A., R.P.A.