Denise,

Does the brush penetrate the top?  If not, simply turn the jars upside down for a few hours or a day and the solvent in the B-72 should dissolve the hardened resin.  If the lids are not "waterproof" to allow them to be turned upside down, then you can put a piece of thin polyethylene sheeting (like from a thin baggie) over the jar opening before you put the lid back on.  Next time, the lid should come off.  If neither of these are viable options, feel free to contact me off-list for other possibilities.

Marc

American Conservation Consortium, Ltd.
     4 Rockville Road
     Broad Brook, CT 06016
     www.conservator.com
     860-386-6058

*Collections Preservation Consultation
*Conservation Assessments & Surveys
*Environmental Monitoring & Low-Tech Control
*Moisture Management Solutions
*Collections in Historic Structures
*Collections Care Grant Preparation
*Conservation Treatment of:
     Furniture
     Painted Wood
     Horse-Drawn Vehicles
     Architectural Interiors
     Decorative Objects & Folk Art

Marc A. Williams, President
     MS in Art Conservation, Winterthur Museum Program
     Former Chief Wooden Objects Conservator, Smithsonian Institution
     Fellow, American Institute for Conservation (AIC)