Another query: We’re looking for a template or plans for building stand alone temporary/movable walls for a photo exhibit. We’d prefer not to do the pre-fab versions made for offices as they don’t fit the Federal era building. We can build them ourselves but are hoping not to re-invent the wheel, er, wall.

An exhibit I just finished creating at the Lakewood, Washington, History Museum (photos on my blog, http://mmjustus.blogspot.com) used plain hollow-core doors as the basis for temporary walls.  Our carpenter did fasten them to the wall at one or two points, but they could be built without doing that if you had to (he used 1x4s at the top of the exhibit to stabilize the doors) by putting the end door at right angles next to the wall.

Meg Justus
independent curator
http://mmjustus.com