I would suggest the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California (http://www.computerhistory.org/). Their new 25,000 sq. ft. exhibit on the first 2,000 years of computing is amazing. It's well laid out, has interesting video components, and takes what could be a very dry subject and interprets it in fascinating way.

From: Museum discussion list [ mailto :[log in to unmask] LSOFT .COM] On Behalf Of Nancy Geyer
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask] LSOFT .COM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] examples of great museums

My board has asked me to create a list of museums that are great examples of cutting edge, relevant, exciting, interactive, not-to-be missed museums. This could also be particular exhibitions in museums. Ideally, these are in the US because we would like to visit them. However, some members of my board are lucky enough to travel internationally so if you know of museums out of the US that are not to be missed we’d like to know about them.

Thanks so much for your help.

Nancy

Nancy Geyer

Executive Director/CEO

Boulder History Museum

303.449.3464

www . boulderhistory .org

--
Public hours for History San José's Research Library are Tuesdays, 1:30-4:30 PM, and Wednesdays, 9 AM-Noon and 1:30-4:30 PM.

Jim Reed
Curator of Archives and Library
History San Jose
1650 Senter Road