From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wesley S. Creel
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question about cover letter ettiquette

Good Morning Adam,

The main purpose of the cover letter is to convince the reader (e.g., search committee) why your particular set of knowledge, skills, and abilities – and relevant experience – make you the right choice for the job as described in the vacancy announcement.  Being laid-off does address the main purpose of the cover letter, and therefore should not be included in the cover letter.

Best Wishes for Success!

Wesley

Wesley S. Creel

Administrator of Programs

Pink Palace Family of Museums

3050 Central Avenue

Memphis, TN 38111

www.memphismuseums.org

Office 901.320.6370

FAX 901.320.6391

Please consider including the Pink Palace Family of Museums in your charitable giving plans

along with your other charitable interests.

Please visit all our great facilities as well as our website: www.memphismuseums.org Our mission: The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires people to learn how history.science, technology and nature shape the mid-South. Through rich collections, thought-provoking exhibitions, and engaging programs, we encourage our diverse community to reflect on the past, understand the present, and influence the future