For a professional project, we're looking for a rather specific example of a museum--see below. Anyone have any candidates or work at a museum you feel fits the bill?

We're looking to identify a museum that:
  - may have started out as a private collection, but was converted to a nonprofit endeavor
  - may have been in the recent past or today be seen as a small, even "Mom and Pop"-type operation
  - because of some element of its collection--either its uniqueness, quality, size, or the breadth of the collection--is a very well respected resource

I don't necessarily require contact with the museum or its staff; this is just a project where we're looking to identify such an institution and hold it up as a success story.

Thanks for any and all ideas and feel free to contact me off-list with your suggestions!

Cheers / Angelique Weger