Dear Colleagues,

We are quickly approaching the application deadline (March 15) for our 2011 summer field school, which is dedicated to the study of preservation of cultural heritage and offers students the opportunity to study, do field work, and travel in Italy. This year we have added a program on paper restoration, as well as continuing our courses on building, art and ceramics restoration.

Courses offered:

·         Introduction to Conservation of Archeological Ceramics   link

·         Traditional Painting Materials and Techniques in Italy  link

·         Restoration Issues and Theory in Italy link

·         Introduction to Art and Building Restoration in Italy  link

·         Surveying and Analyzing Historic Buildings  link

·         Introduction to Paper Restoration link

Field Projects:

·         Restoration of the Porta Burgi  link

·         Surveying the 12th Century San Giovanni Battista Church complex link

·         Archaeological excavations and survey of the public baths in Carsulae link

If you know any who may be interested in this type of study and who are still looking for a field school, we would be very grateful if you would inform them about our program.

To find out more about our program and review the syllabi, please visit our website: HTTP://SANGEMINISTUDIES.ORG We also have a 2011 flyer that you can download and print or forward should you desire to.

Thank you very much.

Cordially,

Max Cardillo

Director