Hello Brickey,

If your volunteers will be conducting the interviews this is a nice, accessible source: http://dohistory.org/on_your_own/toolkit/oralHistory.html as is Don Ritchie’s “Doing Oral History” - http://www.amazon.com/Doing-Oral-History-Donald-Ritchie/dp/0195154347

A not-so-introductory volume that might be a nice staff reference is “The Oral History Reader.”  You can find more information about it here:

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415343039/

Good luck with the project!

Jacqui May

Volunteer Guides Program Manager