From: Museum discussion list [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jenny Mack [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 9:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Mp3 Players in Museum Galleries for patron use

Hello-

I am formulating an exhibition which will feature local Vinyl Records made and produced by local musicians and bands in and round Bloomington, Indiana. Part of the exhibition is using Mp3 Players for patrons to sample some of the music show in the vinyl.  I have seen and used this technique in other galleries.  Are there any suggession about how to secure the players to avoid theft or any other thoughts about this?

Thank you!

--

Jenny Mack

Exhibits Designer Monroe County History Center
202 E. 6th St.
Bloomington, IN 47408
812-332-2517
http://monroehistory.org/

Assistant ASE Teacher
WonderLab Museum of Health, Science and Technology
308 West 4th Street
Bloomington, IN 47404-5120
(812) 337-1337
www.wonderlab.org