Web Site Banner

Celebrate Women's History Month with us!

Join us for an exciting month of programming reflecting on our past and thinking forward as we recognize that our history is our strength. Read on to learn about our Women's History Month Programs.

__________________________

Unfinished Business: CEDAW and International Women's Rights

Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 9:00am - 10:30am
Where: Online Webinar - read more and register here!
Free and open to the public. Space is limited to first 100 people to register.

Presenters include:

Jennifer Krafchik, Director of Collections, Sewall-Belmont House & Museum
Sarah Albert, Washington Director, The National Committee on the United Nation Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
June Zeitlin, Director, CEDAW Education Project

__________________________

"Ellen and Edith: Woodrow Wilson's First Ladies" Book Talk and Signing

Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Where: Woodrow Wilson House, 2340 S Street NW
Free to NWP Members, $10 fee for the general public

Celebrate International Woman's Day with author Kristie Miller and the Woodrow Wilson House. Click here to read more and register.

__________________________

Horizons Call

Horizons Call, Enter and Conquer - Advancing Your Career & Financial Goals Webinar Series with Alyssa Best

In honor of Women's History Month, the Sewall-Belmont House & Museum is teaming up with Career Coach Alyssa Best to present this five part series to help get you on your way to finding and securing your dream job! These five sessions will be held weekly on Thursdays from 12:30pm to 1:30pm EST via webinar, so if you're looking for something productive and beneficial to do on your lunch hour, this is it. We will be conscientious of your time and limit all webinars to 1 hour.

 This amazing opportunity to enhance your career doesn't come along every day so act fast - participation is limited to the first 100 subscribers for each session. NWP members will receive priority status for reservations.

Click here to read more and register.

__________________________

Tee Off with Title IX

Saturday, March 26, 2011, 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Where: Capitol City Golf School, Langston Golf Course located at 2600 Benning Road NE Washington, DC 20002
Free to members, $35 membership fee to non-members
 Join today! Space is limited to the first 25 to RSVP and join or renew!

This skill building program, part of our professional networking series, includes an hour long clinic for professional development and a discussion of Title IX and its relation to women, sports, and education. Click here to read more.

The Sewall-Belmont House & Museum and the U.S. Capitol Historical Society Women's History Month Book Signing Series: First Ladies

Where: Ketchum Hall, VFW Building, 200 Maryland Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20002
Wednesdays from Noon to 1:00pm. Free and open to the public. Seating is limited; reservations recommended. Click here to read more.

Donate Now

or click here

About Sewall-Belmont House & Museum

The Sewall-Belmont House & Museum on Capitol Hill explores the evolving role of women and their contributions to society through the continuing, and often untold, story of women's pursuit for equality. The museum is the headquarters of the historic National Woman's Party and was the Washington home of its founder and Equal Rights Amendment author Alice Paul. Visit our website to learn more.

Sewall-Belmont House and Museum | 144 Constitution Ave., NE | Washington | DC | 20002