I lean on the side with Isabella on this. They posting their blog and photos in a publicaly accessible way out there for people to find it. If it is a joke it is a poor one and at the very least is an unprofessional portrayal of museum employees and a bad example for the public to copy. It really does not matter that much if the dresses are original or not, the message they put out there that it is fun to play with historic costumes and even museum workers do it. So whatever criticism they get is earned in this regard.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant

PS - Our slander and label laws here in the US are far less stringent with the predominant weight of proof being on those bringing the complaint