From: Adam Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Job Advice for Seeking Positions in Collections Management and NAGPRA Positions
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 11:32 AM

Thanks Maggie,
I am DEFINITELY searching outside of Michigan. I love it here as well but there just aren't any jobs here in general let alone in the museum field :( I have applied to several here but all were dead ends. Ideally, I would like to find myself in the Southwest, specifically in Arizona or New Mexico, but I am not picky at all. I am using all of my contacts presently and applying to anything tangentially related.

I like your consultation idea; how would one go about asking an institution if they needed help? Would starting with the institutions with unfulfilled  NICs on the NAGPRA site in the area help?

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).