That's something we're working on as well!  I'd start by asking all of
your board and volunteers to "Like" the page and pass it around to their
family and friends. Once you have 25 people you can request a user ID
for the page which makes it easier to list on flyers, etc.  For example,
ours is "hdecm" (has to be at least 5 characters) so all of our flyers
have "facebook.com/hdecm" listed at the bottom next to our website
address. Next, I asked all of the staff to add it to their email
signatures (below - the listserv wouldn't let the jpeg icon thru, but
normally it's there) and include it on all flyers they produce. That was
a good start and now I'm working on how to continue to increase it. We
offer programs for students so I made half-sheet flyers listing our
facebook and twitter addresses, which I also have with our handouts at
other events as well...

I've worked hard on coming up with a social network calendar and I've
gotten verbal feedback that people like what I'm doing, I just don't
know how to get more people to interact with the page.  So I'm very
interested to hear others feedback on how they grow their followers as
well!

Great question Charlotte, thanks!

-Jaime

Jaime L. Fogel
Librarian
Holocaust Documentation & Education Center
2031 Harrison Street
Hollywood, FL 33020
P:  954-929-5690
F: 954-929-5635