From: Anthony N. Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, February 10, 2011 9:00:31 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Collections Policy in Corporate Archives

Hello all,

I have some questions for those with experience in corporate archives.

Im trying to get an understanding of the corporate archives culture in terms of what policies it maintains.  More specifically, Im wondering if I might get your thoughts on the place of a collections policy in a corporate archive.  Does your archives have a collections policy?  If not, what is your organizations reasoning for not maintaining one?  If so, do you feel that a collections policy, especially the part spelling out what you will and will not collect, is a liability during a potential lawsuit?

Thank you for any help you can provide,

Anthony

always stay connected to friends. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: