I’ve done this surgery with a fine-toothed blade on a table saw, a sharp knife, a router, and a syringe full of Plexiglas solvent cement.  You’ll need a new piece of plexi for the top.

Curtis Morris

Shiloh Museum

From: Michael Reuter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Cutting plexi

Does anyone have experience with cutting down their Plexiglas exhibit case tops? We have a couple of vertical tops that have cracks at the corners and would like to shorten them in the hopes that they will last longer. I’m looking to find out what the process would be and the tools that are needed. Thanks for the help.

Michael Reuter

Curator of Collections/Registrar

Milwaukee County Historical Society

910 N. Old World 3rd St.

Milwaukee, WI 53203

414-273-8288

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: