I don't know if these fall into the "usual" category, but we've seen
tremendous success from many websites such as http://www.allforgood.org/;
http://www.serve.gov/; and http://www.volunteermatch.org/. I would also
recommend using or connecting with groups through social media particularly
Twitter (@VolunteerMatch <http://twitter.com/volunteermatch>,
@ServeDotGov<http://twitter.com/servedotgov>,
@All_for_Good <http://twitter.com/all_for_good>). We've also contacted local
schools, charity organizations and churches to find eligible candidates.

Good luck.