Dear All,

I have a vague memory that this topic has been covered a while back, but no matter….

Would any of you be prepared to share with me the guidebook conversion rates you are currently achieving? By this I mean the ratio (percentage) of guidebooks sold as a proportion of museum/heritage site visitors.

If you do reply to me, then please indicate whether your museum/heritage site charges for admission: my intuition tells me that those who have NOT paid for admission may be more inclined to stump up for a guidebook, so it will be interesting to see if this logic is sound!

The reason I ask is that I am trying to benchmark our own performance against others in an attempt to see what average performance looks like and what we should aspire too! I know we would all like to sell more guidebooks and how to do that is another discussion!

Thanks in anticipation!

I will respect your anonymity if so requested: the information requested is for my own use, and will not be included in any publication.

Kind Regards,

Jerry Symonds – Senior Internal Auditor

Historic Royal Palaces