Please excuse the cross-posting.  Martha Katz-Hyman
*******************

Please consider applying to the Institute or recommending it to a colleague.  If you are a member of other listservs please share this notice:

http://ice.oneonta.edu

Accepting Applications Now

The Institute for Cultural Entrepreneurship
May 1 – 4, 2011
Cooperstown, New York

Acquire the skills of an entrepreneurial leader.
Learn how innovators in cultural institutions apply the tools of successful businesses
Leadership today requires individuals who see opportunities and are equipped to take educated risks to be successful.
Cultural organizations must adopt the practices of entrepreneurs.

If you are a mid-career professional with a desire to change your institution and engage your community, we would like you to be a part of this pilot project to introduce museum, preservation, and historic site professionals to the skills and thinking of cultural entrepreneurship.

“I’m coming away with courage. I know challenges can be overcome.” – 2010 ICE Participant

“I was thrilled to have been a participant in this institute. It was so informative and so energizing. I suspect the combination of those two attributes will make it a transformative experience, not only for those of us who participated but also for our institutions and the profession as a whole.” – 2010 ICE Participant

Apply now to be one of 20 IMLS fellows selected to participate in this pioneering program.
A generous start up grant allows us to offer you rooms at the venerated Otesaga Resort Hotel, most meals and a liberally discounted tuition of only $250.
Some additional tuition scholarship funds may be available.

Learn with talented and qualified cultural entrepreneurs and a team of knowledgeable faculty:

Keynote speaker: Barnaby Evans, creator of WaterFire Providence®, the award-winning sculpture praised as a powerful work of art and a moving symbol of Providence’s renaissance.   www.waterfire.org

Dorothy Chen Courtin, Founder/Principal, Marketing & Management Associates for Nonprofits
Philip Morris, CEO, Proctors, Schenectady  www.proctors.org
Pamela Green, Executive Director, Weeksville Heritage Center, Brooklyn www.weeksvillesociety.org
Carol Enseki, former President, Brooklyn Children’s Museum www.brooklynkids.org

To learn more about this exciting new program and to receive an application go to this website http://ice.oneonta.edu
or contact:
Any and all questions cheerfully answered.
Completed Applications due March 1, 2011.

A joint program of the Cooperstown Graduate Program, the Museum Association of New York and the New York Historical Association.  Major funding for this program was provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Please Circulate This Notice