For the record, I do not feel strongly that museums should or should not charge admission in general.  I think it needs be decided on a case by case basis.  I *do* believe strongly that it should be a carefully considered and, if possible, evidence-based decision (not just a "this is what we have always done" or "this is what everyone else is doing" issue).  I would like to make sure I have considered all aspects before I make a recommendation.