I don't see whuy this would be controversial in any way?  Unlike more controversial deaccessions where the money was used on operating expenses, there doesn't seem to be anything underhanded in what is shown in the catalog.  I agree with Carl.  So long as the hisotrical Society is doing this ubove board and for improvements to the collection, and or exhibitions why would it be considered controversial?

Brian Rayca