Hi Listers -

I am curious to know how people handle condition reporting for large archaeological collections (hundreds of thousands to millions of objects), and especially for large loans of such material. The idea of sampling makes sense for in-house purposes, such as conservation planning, but would it be appropriate for loans? Are there other strategies people have employed? Any advice is welcome. Please feel free to contact me off-list for more information. Thanks in advance!

aloha
~Liz

Cross-posted to [log in to unmask]

Liz N. Clevenger, MA, RPA
Curator of Archaeology
(415) 561-5086

Presidio Archaeology Lab  |  www.presidio.gov/history/archaeology<http://www.presidio.gov/history/archaeology>  |  (415) 561-ARCH  info  |  (415) 561-5089 fax
The Presidio Trust  |  P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129