The Heritage of the Americas Museum and YOU

       will Experience Ancient Egypt and Live the Dream

This small group of travelers will view exquisite art designed to work magic, to guide mortals in the afterlife, and to stir souls with its beauty.   The special tour of Egypt is scheduled for February 12 – 27, 2011. Now YOU can Live the Dream.

From Cairo to Abu Simbel, the group will discover 5,000 years of Egyptian life and death along the Eternal Nile while visiting the magnificent treasures of Tutankhamon, the royal mummies and so much more.  They’ll experience the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza, the pyramids at Dahshur and Saqqara, the ancient tombs at Thebes, the tomb of Tutankhamon and others in the Valleys of the Kings and Queens. They will visit the immense temples at Luxor and Karnak and also those at Abu Simbel built by Ramesses the Great to dominate Nubia.

With tour leader, Ron Fellows, CM, we will drive from Cairo through middle Egypt to Akhetaten (the Horizon of the Aten), the rarely visited site of king Akhenaten’s sacred city, now called El Amarna - and to the tomb of the “heretic” king, Akhenaten himself - and other tombs and sites along the way.

We will also experience those rarely visited sites missed by other groups: the temple at Abydos, with the famous King List and the Osireion, believed to be a cenotaph for the god Osiris, and by some, the entrance to the underworld. Then there is the temple at Dendera, with the astrological ceiling and wall scenes of priests ascending to the roof for the Festival of the New Year. We’ll also be delighted by the beautiful private tombs at Qurna, Aswan and El Kab.  Oh, yes, there is an afternoon of sailing with dinner aboard the historic dahabeya the NeferuRa.

But there’s more — for the pictorial itinerary of our 16 day tour of Egypt or to reserve your place, see our Web site at  http://Egypt.AncientEmpires-Tours.com   Questions? Email:  [log in to unmask]

Imagine my excitement as I stood on a low level three ton block of stone and touched the Great Pyramid.  My heart raced and I felt tears running down my cheeks. I will treasure these moments for a lifetime. Donna O’Donnell

…going inside the Red Pyramid at Dahshur – a sight and feeling I’ll never forget.  Yes, I went to Egypt to see the pyramids, but I left loving the Egyptian people.    Linda Carr

We found Egypt to be one of the most beautiful, enchanting, magical places we have ever been to – which is something to say, having been to more than 50 countries.     Dr. Mathew Perry