I have been using the Epson Expression 10000XL to scan glass plate negatives. 1900+ have been scanned in the last six weeks and the scanner has been very reliable. I average 40-42 plates/day. The only problem I have had with the scanner is when some UPS shipping software was installed. After that was removed, it ran fine again. I run PS4 and Bridge4 and MS Outlook while the scanner is on and it is OK. The PC I use has 4GB of RAM and is a few years old. I highly recommend maxing out your RAM and use a computer with a fast processor for optimum results. I also recommend, running the scanner through the Epson software rather than importing images through Photoshop. Your workflow will go faster and you can work on completed images while the Epson scans the next batch.

Lea Ingold
Photography and Imaging Contractor
leaingold.com