I can't be there, but i would love to see notes and ideas.

Marty Buxton

________________________________
From: las <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, October 8, 2010 10:38:27 AM
Subject: Exhibit (displays) on the Cheap

foil-backed shelf liner
Hello:

>I am a curator at a small museum in West Georgia.  I am tired of looking at my
>own exhibits and thinking "surely this could look better!", feeling like some
>of my text looks one step above an elementary school bulletin board!  Sometimes
>I feel like I am the only one who doesn't know the secret of quality displays
>with little expense and all of you are experts at it, because I am often very
>impressed at the brilliant suggestions that come across this email in regards to
>text, lebels, production, furniture, etc. Well, because I have just about had it
>with my own limitations in these areas, I am potentially planning to moderate
>a conference session at January’s Georgia Asso of Museums and Galleries on the
>topic of cost-conscious exhibit design/fabrication and are currently looking for
>people who would like to be on our panel.  The three topics areas are:
>1.       Interactives (mechanical, hands on, audio, video, intro films,
>interactive kiosks, etc),
>2.       Furniture and supports (platforms, pedestals, acrylic bonnets, cases
>(all-in-one), artifact supports and artifact mounts, etc),
>3.       Graphics (large background photographs, smaller images, titles, text,
>i.d. labels, graphic panels, etc)
>
>Now, I am guessing that not many of you are here in the south, but if you are or
>would like to attend our conference, or just, by chance, are passing through
>(yea, right!) and could potentially be on my panel, and you are one of those
>brilliant people out there who knows the secret of fabricating these types of
>things (mostly in house, especially for #2 and #3) at very little cost but
>WITHOUT sacrificing/compromising quality, please respond to this email and I
>will contact you to discuss further off list.
>
>Best Regards,
>Laurie Sedicino, Curator
>Important Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ .
You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one
line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message
should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).