Jessica,
We have an Epson Expression 10000XL and it has been a very reliable machine for both transparencies, negatives and paper documents.  We also have a couple of Epson Expression 1680's in our office.  All have worked well for several years now.  We have never had a need for scanning glass plates so I cannot address that issue.  I highly recommend these machines.
Sheila

Sheila Kollasch, Museum Assistant
Phoenix Airport Museum
3400 Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034-4403
602-683-3647
FAX 602-273-2702

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.”—Albert Einstein

Jessica Waite <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

10/12/2010 10:42 AM
Please respond to

cc
Subject
[MUSEUM-L] Scanner Reviews

Our Research Department is looking into purchasing a new scanner to use for photographs, glass plate negatives, negatives, documents, etc. Does anyone use the Epson Expression 10000XL? Is the quality good? Is the product reliable? How does it compare to the Microtrek 98000XL TMA? I appreciate all your help!

Jessica Waite
Curator, Research Department
Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer
3133 West Hwy 34