How are you packing them for shipment? Crates? Cardboard boxes? It also depends on who is doing the shipping. For most commercial shippers, you have to make them pretty bombproof. Also, if they’re going to more than one venue, you want them to be easily re-packable. My inclination would be to sandwich them between two sheets of heavy cardboard slightly larger than your sheets, put those reinforcing corners on them that they use to ship things like mirrors and paintings, and then put the bubble wrap over that. With foam core, stiffness is the first consideration, then cushioning, and bubble wrap doesn’t provide stiffness. But it’s hard to say without seeing what sizes you’ve got. If they are all the same size, or just a couple different sizes, there’s safety in sandwiching like items together and then wrapping the sandwich. Is there a fine arts crater/shipper in Toronto who could advise you or do the job for you?

Anne

Anne  T  Lane,  Collections  Manager

The  Charlotte  Museum  of  History

where  history  has  a  home