Paducah, KY 42002
Phone: (270) 442-8856
Fax: (270) 442-5548
Email: [log in to unmask]

and
http://uelibraries.blogspot.com/2010/02/quilts-on-permanent-display-at.html
quilts on permanent display

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 9/21/2010 11:23:54 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

Hello, All,

We have a large (10'x10') quilt for which we are designing a case for long-term display. We have settled on various components to try to provide a good environment for it, including fiber optic lighting, etc. It is not old, but it is special and obviously we want to prolong its life. I understand that displaying it flat would probably be optimal, but we don't have the space for that. We are supposing that displaying it on a slant board would be the next-best option. If so, are there any rules of thumb regarding the angle of the board, specifically the maximum steepness that would still provide a reasonable amount of stress reduction?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Amanda

Amanda Meeker
Deputy Director
THE CALIFORNIA MUSEUM
for History, Women and the Arts
1020 O Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
californiamuseum.org
Tel. (916) 653-0399

Fax (916) 653-0314

P Save the Earth, one page at a time. Please consider the environment before printing this email.