We have plaster polar bear (H-12"; W-6", L-~20") that was a three-dimensional model of Gillette Safety Tire Company's "Bear for Wear" logo. The model is broken (came to us that way) and we've sent it to a conservator for repair and cleaning. The bear has obviously been touched up over the years, but we'd like to compare it to another example to see how much it may have touched up. Does anyone have such an object in their collection? I have contacted the Wisconsin Historical Society since Gillette was a Wisconsin company, but no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Carrie

Carrie Ronnander

Curator

Chippewa Valley Museum