Try a web search using the terms
indoor fossil hunt

here are a few results

_Virtual  Saskatchewan - T.rex Plus_
(http://www.virtualsk.com/current_issue/dino2.html)

A nearby "demo lab" lets visitors participate in an indoor  fossil hunt by
sorting through "matrix", earthen material  retrieved from nearby quarry
sites

and

_Everything  Dinosaur :: The Dinosaur A-Z an Alphabet Teaching Guide based
on Prehistoric  Animals_
(http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2009/3/6/4113754.html)
 an indoor hunt is pictured -- a team  travels to schools to offer such a
"hunt"

and
_http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/_
(http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/)
Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture
offers an indoor fossil hunt activity

a parent web site with kids activities suggests making faux sand by
crushing fruit loop cereal
or
maybe use plastic pellets? (hopefully non-static and non-toxic?)

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 9/1/2010 9:35:39 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,